Thursday, February 05, 2009

Blog Reviews

Ugh. Marketing. It's so hard for an introvert like me -- especially when my publisher, Clarion, seems to be cutting costs everywhere. But a few weeks ago, my Google Alert sent me a link to Pinot and Prose after the blog's author, Laura Lutz, mentioned in a post that she was looking forward to seeing Kitchen Dance (which she declared a "foodie book" yay!) Laura is the children's materials selector at Queens Library in NY. Her excellent blog brings together two of my favorite things -- Food and Books!

You'd think since I head two kids book review blogs, (3 Evil Cousins and Toad Hill Reviews )I'd have had some clue to the joy an author gets when her book is reviewed online. But I didn't have an idea until Laura wrote this SWEET review.

Now if I can just convince Clarion to send out review copies when I ask them to, because I'm thinking blog reviews are completely going to replace printed reviews.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the link, Maurie! We MUST get together when we're in the same city. I'll be in the Sacramento area in July...

On an unrelated note, I love that you linked to Anik McGrory's blog - I didn't know she had one! I love Kidogo!

As I've said, the praise is well-deserved! Kitchen Dance is fantastic!

Mo Manning said...

That would be so much fun, Laura! We've got to see if we can meet up. What brings you this way?

Philomena O'Neill said...

Mo, this is a fabulous review! I agree with every word she says - but you already knew I was a big fan of "Kitchen Dance".

Wendy said...

I know of one book I'm going out to get... 'Kitchen Dance!' What I've read about and viewing the trailer, it is going to be a fun one to read to and with my 6 year old shadow/neighbor.

Wendy Rundel

Unknown said...

Please, please post your stuff like book announcements, reviews, signing, blog updates to my FB wall, Mo! Yeah it makes me look good because I have such talented friends, but also I have SUCH talented friends. I want them all to be aware of each other, and I just love your stuff so. Some of them are people you know in the business, some are reviewers and bloggers, and silly as I am, I have subscribers (I still have a weird time wrapping my mind around that one, as I can't even get my kids to listen to me!). So sharing is caring, and free publicity that you need not leave the comfort of your puter to engage! Hope all is well with you, sweet! And I wrote the danged Proof I'm not a robot, but can you be sure, REALLY?