Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Book Trailer

So -- for my very first book trailer I tried some of the free software that came with my computers, Windows Movie Maker and Microsoft Photo Story for the PC and iMovie for the Mac, but they seemed a little limited. I didn't want to spend a whole lot of money for Adobe Premiere, so I settled on Pinnacle Studio Ultimate for $129 bucks and I'm very happy. For sound effects I joined "The Freesound Project" which is a really cool site (and made me go out to buy my own little Sony digital recorder so I can start recording my own effects.)

This was a really fun little project. A few hours yesterday doing a "first draft," then a few more hours today tweaking in all the great input I got from my friends.

Sound credits here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0N7XRBeyhI

5 comments:

Kristi Valiant said...

Your book looks like it's super fun. I just kept wanting the trailer to show even more! I guess that's the mark of a great trailer - showing even to intrigue, but not giving away too much that the viewer is satisfied and doesn't need to see the book. Well done.

Mo Manning said...

Thanks, Kristi! I tried to keep SOME art for the book, teehee! It was so much fun though. I think I may do one more tweak if my brother sends me the bit of "voice" he promised to record.

Phyllis Harris said...

Fantastic, Maurie!! This final tweaked version is even better!!

Tracy said...

This is great! Love the way the effect went slowly down the steps then jerked to where the kids were peeking in the door. The added sound effect of the pans clanging made it ideal. You're right, I have Windows Movie Maker and Photostory and they don't allow as much creativity, though Photostory 3 is OK :) Your book looks great!

Susan said...

I love your book trailer! How cool is that!

Susan
Over at "Raisin Toast"